If excess body hair is becoming a problem for you laser hair removal is the fastest and most permanent solution to your problem.
How does Laser Hair Removal work?
A laser is directed into the skin to the hair follicle where it stops growth. It works best on light skin with dark hair as the melanin (coloured pigment) in the hair absorbs more of the light, making treatments more effective.
The advantages of laser hair removal
- Laser technology has improved exceptionally over recent years and is extremely precise and effective. This kind of hair removal is long lasting to permanent and large areas of skin can be treated at the same time.
Laser hair removal is less painful, much faster, more convenient and reduces ingrown hairs and skin skin reactions.
The disadvantages of laser hair removal
It can be expensive but prices have come down alot in recent years, you must have several treatments as it’s a progressive process. It’s the most effective treatment for unwanted hair and a difference can be seen in just two sessions.
Most advanced technology
- The most up to date technology leads to the best results for our patients. That is why here at Azure we use the Candela Gentlelase which is one of the most precise laser machines in the world. Only candela lasers feature the dynamic cooling device (DCDtm) to maximise patient safety and comfort. The candela gentlelase is a medical grade laser which has the FDA stamp of approval which means it is proven to work.
- Many salons offer IPL (intense pulse light) treatment and is technically not a laser at all. These are generally much lower powered machines and therefore less effective.
- An average of 6-8 laser treatments will be required by most clients. After your 6th session should you require any further sessions, at Azure we have a reduced rate per session, this also includes any maintenance sessions you may require in the future.
How to prepare for your laser treatments
- Avoid sun exposure for 4 weeks before and after your treatment
- You must not sunbathe or use sunbeds during your course of treatments, if treated hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation may occur
- All false tan must be removed at least 2wees prior to treatment. If you arrive for your treatment and false tan is present on the skin your laser technician will have to refuse to do your treatment.
- You must refrain from bleaching, plucking, waxing or using hair removal creams for 4 weeks prior to treatments and for the duration of your treatment course. We need to ensure as many hair follicles as possible contain a hair for a successful treatment.
- Shaving is the only method of hair removal allowed.
- Please make sure you shave the treated area at least 24hours prior to your treatment to avoid any irritation after the treatment.
- If there is any change to your medical history please let your laser technician know.
- Immediately after treatment there maybe some erythema (redness) and oedema (swelling) of the treated area which will fade after a couple of hours.
- All forms of exercise should be avoided for 24 hours after treatment
- Only a mineral makeup such as Jane Iredale can be used on the face after treatments.
- All other makeup should be avoided for 24 hours
- Avoid exfoliating the area for 24hours
- Avoid sun exposure including sunbeds to reduce the chance of hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation
- An SPF 30 is advised to be worn on the treated area at all times
- All heat treatments including showers, baths, steam and sauna should be avoided for 24hours after treatments also perfumed soaps, creams or lotions
- Avoid swimming for 24 hours after each treatment
- If the underarms were treated avoid deodorant for 24 hours
You are not suitable for laser if:
- You are taking roaccutane
- Pregnant or trying to become pregnant
- Kidney disease
- Diabetes (need a doctors letter)
- Skin type 6
- Heart disease
- Gold injections
- Men’s Section
The most popular areas to be treated for male clients are face, neck, back, chest and shoulders although many other areas can be treated.
- How many Treatments Will I Need?
The number of treatments required will vary from person to person but the average is between 6-8 sessions, with maintenance normally required once or twice a year afterwards.
- On your consultation we can give you a full detailed price on what your treatment will cost and how many session we estimate you will require.
So if you are suffering from unwanted body hair and are interested in getting the best method of hair removal today call us on 053 948 1228